The majority of the Gaganis products are bought in bulk and repackaged in the Gaganis brand. Their position on gluten free is that if the presence of wheat, barley, rye, oats or gluten isn't stated on the packet it will be gluten free. Deglutenous have contacted them to get more information on their packaging process but are yet to hear back.
Below are the gluten free alternatives you might be keen to bake with. We found all of the ingredients for our gluten free crackers at Gaganis.
Gluten free flour alternatives
- Soya flour
- Yellow pea flour
- Tapioca flour
- Buckwheat flour
- Potato flour (starch)
- Maize flour
- Besan flour
- Millet meal
- Linseed (flaxseed) meal
- Almond meal
- Blanched almond meal for these minty lime biscuits
- SLA mix (sunflower seed, linseed and almond meal)
Other gluten free substitutes for general cooking
- Red and white sorghum - replacement for corn (try making popped sorghum)
- Fine and coarse polenta - to replace couscous
- Raw buckwheat (kasza) - can be used as an alternative to make porridge
- Black chia seed - nutritious seeds to add texture to baked goods
- Whole linseed - nutritious way to bulk up baked goods
Other useful gluten free products
As you will know finding some cooking ingredients gluten free can be hard, Gaganis have a good range of cooking chocolate, nuts and dried fruit that are usually gluten free (just be sure to double check).