We made this gluten free chorizo and potato frittata because...you called it. Our treasured readers voted that is was time for some gluten free savoury deliciousness and what is better than a versatile gluten free frittata. It is simple but oh so delicious, whether you eat it warm for dinner or cold for a snack or lunch. The chorizo gives a spicy depth, while the potatoes, eggs, cream and cheese make it the perfect comfort food. Enjoy.
As always please make sure your ingredients are gluten free. We ask to see the chorizo packaging in the deli section and check that it is gluten free stock, of course.
- 3 potatoes
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 30g rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line and grease a 20 x 20cm baking tin.
- Cook the potatoes (in the microwave or on the stove in boiling water) until they are cooked through but still firm, when you are able to work with them, peel the skin off and slice into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and onion, cook for approximately 5 minutes, until the chorizo is golden.
- In a bowl whisk the cream, eggs and chicken stock and season with pepper.
- Combine half of the chorizo and onion with all the potatoes, cheese, parsley and rocket in a prepared tin and pour the cream and egg mixture over the top. Evenly spread the remaining chorizo mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
Serve the frittata warm with a simple salad or make ahead to take to a barbecue or picnic because it is delicious cold too!