These gluten free apricot and cranberry balls have been created so anyone following a gluten free diet doesn't have to miss out on the festive finger food this season! What is Christmas without tiny morsels of goodness with only fingers needed as a vessel. The apricots and cranberries used in this recipe give the balls a real festive feel. They are even better than rum balls. Trust us, everyone will be wanting the gluten free balls this Christmas!
- Preparation time
- 30 minutes
- 300g dried apricots, diced
- 100g dried cranberries
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of crushed gluten free cereal (we used rice flakes)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- additional coconut for rolling
- Mix all ingredients (minus the additional coconut) in a bowl and transfer into a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth enough to form into balls but you can still see the defined colours of the apricots and cranberries.
- Cover a plate with shredded coconut. Roll levelled tablespoons of mixture into balls and cover in coconut, you may need to apply pressure to make the coconut stick. Place the finished balls on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
If you do not have a food processor you can still make this recipe by chopping everything finely and substituting desiccated coconut for the shredded coconut used in the balls. These are also a great thing to prepare in advance as they can live in the fridge for a few days before an event.
- 55 calories per ball.
If you are looking for more Christmas recipes try these babies. Read it and eat, well you will want to!