This gluten free chocolate cake is like no other. It is flourless too, using almond meal and fluffy egg whites to get a beautiful rise. Dotted with juicy raspberries and moist like you can't even imagine, served with a white chocolate sauce, this cake is literally to die for!
- Preparation time
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
Gluten free chocolate cake
- 230g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 220g almond meal
White chocolate sauce
- 150ml cream
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line and grease a cake tin. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water (ensure the water isn't touching the bowl) or you can do it in the microwave. Set it aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar, when pale yellow - add one egg yolk at a time, mixing well before adding the next.
- Clean your mixer and beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff.
- When the chocolate has cooled enough stir it through the butter, sugar and egg yolk mix until well combined. Add the vanilla and almond meal and mix well.
- Add a spoonful of egg whites to the mixture and mix through gently to combine, continue to add more egg white slowly, be careful to not over mix as it will reduce the air in the mixture, leading to less rise.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until set. The cake is very molten in the middle, cook for longer if preferred.
- To make the white chocolate sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
Allow the cake to cool a little before slicing. Serve with the white chocolate sauce and fresh raspberries for a delicious and chocolatey dessert.