This delectable chocolate mud cake has long been a favourite in our family. Luckily it actually tastes even better (hard to do!) gluten free. It is packed full of chocolate and a slice with raspberries and cream is a dessert that is hard to beat. So much so that this chocolate mud cake is still the most requested birthday cake, even when it is gluten free!
- Preparation time
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- 250g butter
- 250g dark chocolate
- 200g sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup whiskey (could use port or a liqueur of choice)
- 1 tbsp nescafe
- 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 150℃ and grease a 22cm round tin (or a 20cm square tin) and line the base.
- Melt butter, dark chocolate, sugar, hot water, whiskey and nescafe in a saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, sift flours and cocoa then stir in chocolate mixture and eggs.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until solid when wobbled!
Make a homemade raspberry coulis or just use delicious season raspberries and serve with thick cream for a delicious finish.
Looking for more gluten free cake recipes? Look no further;
- Gluten free rhubarb, polenta, syrup cake
- Flourless chocolate and raspberry cake with white chocolate sauce
- Gluten free carrot cake
- Gluten free banana cake
- 300 calories per serve.