Gluten free crepes are the best way to start the day. Now I can't say what your favourite special breakfast was as a child but mine was definitely crepes. They were my favourite to the point that I wouldn't even acknowledge normal pancakes as a second option, or even a food! I even had a pattern that I had to eat them in, one lemon and sugar, one maple syrup and then finish on one lemon and sugar. Needless to say the gluten free version of these delicious crepes are still popular in my household today. So we thought it was high time I shared the recipe with you!
- Preparation time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups of plain gluten free flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp melted butter
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre and pour in beaten eggs and 1/2 a cup of the milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour in the melted butter and beat until combined.
- Add remaining milk gradually, whisking all the time.
- Stand for 1 hour before cooking for optimal batter but it isn't essential.
- Cook in a pan on medium heat, using butter to grease the pan and spread the batter as thinly and evenly as possible. Flip to cook on the other side.
Serve with maple syrup (real) or lemon and sugar for the best flavour sensations but jam and cream works quite well too!
To make breakfast even easier you can make this the night before and leave it in the fridge. Oh and test out your egg slide free flipping but don't lose any. Go on...I dare you! Happy breakfasting.