These gluten free Easter energy eggs are good for you. They are packed full of seeds, nuts and gluten free grains. They are also delicious and a great treat on the run. And, lets face it, Easter Bunny isn't the most clued up when it comes to getting gluten free Easter eggs. With these treats you can't go wrong, they are gluten free, they are chocolatey, they are pure energy for the body and they are raw! Happy Easter.
- Preparation time
- 40 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Sesame seeds, pepitas and cacao powder, for rolling
- In a blender, pulse the dates until finely chopped then add pepitas, sunflower seeds and walnuts, pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the blended mix into a large bowl and add the quinoa flakes, millet, peanut butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon and stir until thoroughly combined in a dough-like mix.
- On three small plates sprinkle a thin layer of sesame seeds, pepitas of cacao powder.
- Roll levelled tablespoons of mixture into balls and roll them in sesame seeds, pepitas or a thin layer of cacao powder until evenly covered. You will need to use a little force to make the pepitas stick.
- Once rolled store in the fridge.
We served these in cute lolly bags to give as Easter gifts. They were well received and yes we wish we knew us too!
- No cholesterol
- Very low in sodium
- High in iron