The secret of gluten free potato salad is finding a really good gluten free mayonnaise. Once you have that you can create beautiful salads with just a few ingredients. We use S&W Whole Egg Mayonnaise, it is perfection in a jar (you can find a link to their site at the end of this recipe). You will be surprised just how simple this gluten free potato salad is considering the flavour is heaven. Make sure you add this salad to your repertoire, it will be a sure favourite.
- Preparation time
- 45 minutes
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- 400g baby potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 400g sweet potato, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 5 eggs
- 100g prosciutto, thinly sliced lengths
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbs mayonnaise, gluten free*
- Place the prepared baby potatoes and sweet potato in a microwave safe dish, with a dash of water and cover with a lid. Place in the microwave for 5 minutes, mix well and microwave for a further 5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through. If your microwave is powerful, reduce the cooking time. Set the potatoes aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place a saucepan of water on the stove and bring to the boil. When boiling use a spoon to gently place the eggs in. Cook the eggs for 10 minutes and then run them under cold water for a minute and leave them sitting in cold water to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and cut them into quarters.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil and lay the prosciutto flat in the pan, cook until crispy and golden on both sides. Set aside on some paper towel to remove the fat.
- When everything has cooled (things can still be warm just not hot), place the potatoes, eggs and most of the spring onions in a serving bowl and snap the prosciutto into shards over the top. Stir in your gluten free mayonnaise and garnish with the remaining spring onions.
*Our tip for a really good gluten free mayonnaise is S&W Whole Egg Mayonnaise.
This salad is the ultimate BBQ salad but we also find it goes well with Vienna sausages and kranskies or a delicious steak or fillet of fish.
Here are some more of our delicious gluten free salad recipes for your inspiration;
- Quinoa salad with mediterranean vegetables
- Beetroot and haloumi salad
- Prawn and green mango salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Brown rice and roast pumpkin
- Broccoli, green bean and polenta crouton salad