Some recipes are better gluten free, such as this gluten free shortbread. It is the most delectable shortbread you will ever eat. Full stop. You would never guess it is gluten free. It is too good to be true! Melt in your mouth perfection.
We accidentally stumbled across this gluten free shortbread perfection when testing for another recipe. Thank goodness we did! Enjoy.
- Preparation time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 40 minutes
- 250g butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 290g gluten-free plain flour
- 100g rice flour
Preheat the oven to 150℃
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar until a creamy, pale yellow.
- Continue to beat slowly, gradually sifting the flours in, allowing each addition to mix in well. Bring the mixture into a dough with your hands and knead gently on a clean, lightly floured bench.
- Gently roll the dough using a rolling pin until it is about 2cm high, use a cookie cutter to form the biscuits, continue this process until all the dough is used. Place them on lined baking trays and score with a fork.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly golden and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the tray.
If you live in a warmer climate you may need a little extra flour as the butter will soften up more quickly.
If you love this recipe get excited about the apricot and white chocolate slice that uses it! We will post it as soon as we have photographed.
-170 calories per biscuit.
If you are looking for more Christmas recipes try these babies. Read it and eat, well you will want to!