Gluten free white chocolate, mango, macadamia nut brownies... oh and did we mention lemon myrtle? There are quite a few flavours in this brownie, or is it a blondie? We made this gluten free brownie in a bid to re-create our favourite gluten free dessert option from the Adelaide Central Markets. The flavours are almost spot on too. Make this Australian flavour combination and savour the delicious rewards!
- 16 pieces
- Preparation time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 150g white chocolate
- 75g butter, chopped
- 150g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon myrtle
- 75g dried mango, soaked and chopped
- 50g macadamia nuts, cut in half
- 25g almonds
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20 x 20cm tray with baking paper, covering the bottom and edges.
- Place the dried mango in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes, then drain and chop the mango.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a mixing bowl cream the chocolate, butter and brown sugar, when creamy and smooth, add one egg at a time, beating well before adding the next.
- Add the lemon myrtle, almond meal and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add the chopped mango, macadamias and almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into the prepared baking tray and smooth the mixture evenly. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This brownie is full of quintessentially Australian flavours. You will thoroughly enjoy it... perhaps with a cup of Australian afternoon tea!