The inspiration for this gluten free white chocolate slice was introduced to me when I first moved to the big smoke to study. I lived with my cousin who has a knack for baking and this quickly became my favourite. Easter bunny even left me a whole tray of the gluten filled version once (Thanks A)!
Now, this slice has been in hibernation since diagnosis, but we created a most delicious gluten free shortbread recipe the other day and I knew I just had to try this slice again. You can use any dried summer fruits you like, I love apricots. Plus it makes the perfect replacement for white christmas. Oh boy did I miss you slice!
So get your festive apron on and start baking!
- Preparation time
- 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of dried apricots, peaches or mango (or a mix)
- 250g gluten free shortbread, here is our delicious melt in your mouth short bread recipe
- 75ml cream
- 200g white chocolate
- 100g butter
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Chop the dried fruit and crush the shortbread biscuits.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir through all remaining ingredients.
- Line a 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the tin. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Prepare the lemon icing by mixing the icing sugar and lemon in a bowl, add water or additional lemon juice if more liquid is required. Spread evenly over the chilled slice and refrigerate for another 30 minutes before slicing.
Now just because we have said this is a great gluten free alternative to white christmas, doesn't mean you will only be able to resist making it once a year! Enjoy...multiple times!
- 155 calories per slice.
If you are looking for more Christmas recipes try these babies. Read it and eat, well you will want to!