Here is an Australian favourite remastered, gluten free zucchini slice. We think all Aussie kids remember growing up eating zucchini slice. Our parent's thought they were sneaking veggies in but we knew what they were up to and loved it anyway! Now here is a gluten free zucchini slice for all to enjoy.
This healthy savoury gluten free slice is so versatile. You can have it fresh out of the oven for dinner with a nice fresh salad or some steamed veggies or you can take it with you on a picnic as what will be a gluten free lunch that is the envy of the blanket!
- Preparation time
- 25 minutes
- Cooking time
- 35 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Oil 19cm x 29cm rectangular slice pan.
- Heat oil in small pan, cook onion until soft.
- Combine onion with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan; bake for about 35 mins or until firm.
We can guarantee this will be a gluten free family favourite once you make it once, a delicious and hearty gluten free meal, light lunch or even snack and nutritious too!
- 390 calories per serving
- Low in sugar
- Very high in vitamin B6