This gluten free olive and sun-dried tomato polenta loaf is simple yet full of flavour. It is the Mediterranean lifestyle in a tin and isn't it superb? The richness of the polenta and cheese is broken through with every bite of olive, tomato or basil you get. Perfect for lunch on a warm afternoon. Who said being gluten free had to be boring!
- Preparation time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of polenta
- 100g feta, coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 6 olives, seeded and halved
- 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- pepper, to season
- gluten free plain flour
- oil for frying
Lightly grease a 20cm long loaf tin.
- Place stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the polenta, stirring continuously until very thick.
- Stir in feta, parmesan, basil, olives and sun-dried tomatoes, season to taste and press into the tin. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until firm.
- Slice the polenta into 2cm wide slices and dust in flour before shallow frying until golden.
Serve with a fresh garden salad for the perfect light lunch, in gluten free heaven on a warm afternoon!