Salted caramel fudge is a gluten free diets best treat friend! When salt and caramel are in the same sentence you know if it going to be delicious. Then maybe you feel a quick smidge of pre-devouring guilt but truthfully who can resist this delicious gluten free sweet treat!
This gluten free recipe was developed as a result of going to the Borough Markets while in London and stumbling across a free-from stall where all of our wildest gluten free dessert dreams came true. We bought a piece of cake (pear, parsnip and caramel - a delectable combination), a peanut paste brownie (OMG!) , some rocky road and you guessed it a bag of salted caramel fudge. That tiny little bag was this inspiration behind this here gluten free recipe.
- 64 pieces
- Preparation time
- 30 minutes
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp glucose syrup
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 180g white chocolate melts
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- Grease and line a tin or dish that is 20 x 20cm.
- Place condensed milk, brown sugar, glucose syrup, golden syrup and the butter in a saucepan. Cook on low heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Adjust the heat to bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir constantly for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to come away from the sides.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the white chocolate through.
- Poor the mixture into the pan and even out. Sprinkle the salt flakes evenly over the top and use a spoon to embed them in the fudge.
- Allow the fudge to cool a little before refrigerating for 3 hours. Then slice into pieces.
Be warned it is totally delicious!
- 64 calories in a 2.5 x 2.5cm slice (beware it is delicious so you could easily devour more than one piece!)
Put the salted caramel fudge on a yummy gluten free dessert kebab with some fruit to deliver some more nutritional benefit among this deliciousness.